Matthew Perry Autopsy Report: What is The Reason Behind His Death?

Posted by Fernande Dalal on Saturday, May 4, 2024

We are deeply saddened to share with you that Matthew Perry an American and Canadian actor passed away on October 28, 2023. Matthew’s death deeply affected his friends and family members. After his death, there is a concern among his loved ones to know what was found in Matthew Perry’s autopsy report. In this post, you will get all the information related to it.

What Was Found in Matthew Perry’s Autopsy Report?

Matthew Perry died due to acute effects of ketamine. Ketamine is a dissociative anesthetic that has some hallucinogenic effects. His death was judged accidental.

Drowning, coronary artery disease and buprenorphine effects (a medication used to treat opioid use disorder) were also listed as contributing factors in his death. Below we provided a tweet related to his cause of death:

A coroner’s finding that Matthew Perry died from “acute effects” of ketamine is drawing new attention to the drug, an anesthetic intended for use during surgery that’s also become a popular treatment for mental health issues.@johnyangtv talks to Dr. Caleb Alexander for more. pic.twitter.com/BF7P73Bhka

— PBS NewsHour (@NewsHour) December 16, 2023

According to the autopsy report, Perry had been receiving ketamine infusion therapy for just one and a half weeks prior to his death. He had supposedly been clean for 19 months.

However, the coroner stated that the ketamine in his system at death could not be from that infusion therapy, since ketamine’s half-life is 3 to 4 hours or less. The cause of Perry’s death was an unknown route of drug intake.

The autopsy also notes that there were no signs of fatal trauma or no foul play suspected. The coroner states in the report:

“At the high levels of ketamine found in his postmortem blood specimens, the main lethal effects would be from both cardiovascular overstimulation and respiratory depression, Drowning contributes due to the likelihood of submersion into the pool as he lapsed into unconsciousness.”

Below we provided our latest posts related to other persons’ autopsy reports:

How Did Matthew Perry’s Dead Body Find?

Matthew died Saturday, Oct. 28 at his Los Angeles home at the age of 54. The Los Angeles Fire Department responded to a call at 4:07 p.m. that cited a “medical emergency.” Perry was found “in a residential pool” with prescription medications and loose pills present at his residence but “none reported near the pool” or “adjacent to the pool.”

Perry was long-time public about his battle with addiction before he passed away. He described his journey to sobriety and the satisfaction of maintaining sobriety in his 2022 memoir, Friends, Lovers and the Big Terrible Thing. He told:

“I wanted to share when I was safe from going into the dark side again, I had to wait until I was pretty safely sober—and away from the active disease of alcoholism and addiction—to write it all down. I was pretty certain that it would help people if I did.”

Note: We wrote this post as per the information we got from sources and for informational purposes. We don’t want to hurt anyone’s feelings here. As of yet, we have that much information related to his death. Whenever we get any other information we will share it with you. If you want to share anything else related to his death you can share it with us in the comments section below.

You can follow us on Twitter and read our other most recent posts where we covered additional information related to other persons’ death, cause of death, autopsy reports, obituary and more.

ncG1vNJzZmiulaPBtr7Eo6alrF6YvK57kWlpbGdhZ3xyg46mmK2smJrEbrzEq6myZZGqwbC80rJkq52gpL%2B1ew%3D%3D