Cody Simpson slips into a pair of skimpy blue stripe speedos for training

Posted by Brenda Moya on Tuesday, May 7, 2024

He is training hard for the upcoming 2022 Australian Swimming Championships with hopes to represent Australia in the Commonwealth Games later this year. 

And it seems that pop star Cody Simpson has found a friend and mentor in Olympic swimmer Emma McKeon.

On Wednesday, the pair were spotted training together on the Gold Coast before heading out for breakfast. 

Training pals: Cody Simpson and Olympic swimmer Emma McKeon had breakfast together on the Gold Coast on Wednesday after swimming training

Training pals: Cody Simpson and Olympic swimmer Emma McKeon had breakfast together on the Gold Coast on Wednesday after swimming training 

Cody and Emma chatted away as they took their wet clothes to the car before their meal. 

Both wore sporty shorts and T-shirts, and Emma, who is also competing in the Australian Swimming Championships, slicked her wet hair back into a bun. 

Earlier in the day, Cody flaunted his sensational muscular physique during his training session. 

He looked as ripped as ever as he stripped down to pair of skimpy blue stripe Speedos. 

Sporty: Both wore sporty shorts and T-shirts, and Emma, who is also competing in the Australian Swimming Championships, slicked her wet hair back into a bun

Sporty: Both wore sporty shorts and T-shirts, and Emma, who is also competing in the Australian Swimming Championships, slicked her wet hair back into a bun

The sandy-haired star ensured all eyes were on him as she boldly strolled to the pool while fixing his goggles. 

Cody showcased his sizable tattoo collection in the skimpy swimwear. 

Cody and Emma will both take part in the 2022 Australian Swimming Championships from May 18 to 25, along with Emma’s rumoured boyfriend and fellow swimmer Kyle Chalmers. 

Hopefuls: Cody and Emma will both take part in the 2022 Australian Swimming Championships from May 18 to 25, along with Emma's boyfriend and fellow swimmer Kyle Chalmers

Hopefuls: Cody and Emma will both take part in the 2022 Australian Swimming Championships from May 18 to 25, along with Emma’s boyfriend and fellow swimmer Kyle Chalmers

The contest will see elite swimmers go head-to-head for their chance to represent Australia at the FINA World Swimming Championships in Budapest in June. 

Champions will then go onto the Commonwealth Games in Birmingham in July.

In a dramatic trailer for the televised event, Cody is seen sinking into a swimming pool while saying: ‘If people think I’m doing this for fun, they’re wrong.’ 

Alongside his hopes for gold medal glory, Cody recently released a new single named Nice To Meet You.

Committed: In a dramatic trailer for the televised event, Cody is seen sinking into a swimming pool while saying: 'If people think I'm doing this for fun, they're wrong.'

Committed: In a dramatic trailer for the televised event, Cody is seen sinking into a swimming pool while saying: ‘If people think I’m doing this for fun, they’re wrong.’

On the grind: The musician sadly missed out on a place at the Tokyo Olympics at the Australian Olympic Trials in June last year. But he is preparing for a run at Paris in 2024

On the grind: The musician sadly missed out on a place at the Tokyo Olympics at the Australian Olympic Trials in June last year. But he is preparing for a run at Paris in 2024

The musician sadly missed out on a place at the Tokyo Olympics at the Australian Olympic Trials in June last year.  

The young star, who made a bold charge at Olympic glory after many years away from the sport, placed last in the men’s 100-metre butterfly final.

The singer later revealed that he hasn’t given up on his dreams of winning gold as he covered the November issue of Men’s Health Magazine.

‘I was happy with my result,’ he told magazine.

Caffeine hit: After breakfast Cody grabbed a coffee to go

Caffeine hit: After breakfast Cody grabbed a coffee to go 

Hard at it: Cody told the publication that he is training in the pool nine times per week up to two hours a day while doing three intense weight sessions for 90 minutes each

Hard at it: Cody told the publication that he is training in the pool nine times per week up to two hours a day while doing three intense weight sessions for 90 minutes each

‘It was my goal to hit 52 seconds for the 100-metre butterfly and make the final. It was a two-edged goal, hitting that time and getting into the final, so I was very pleased and relieved when I did both of those things.’  

Cody admitted he didn’t think he’d be ‘remotely competitive until at least next year at the earliest’ and had thereby exceeded his own expectations.

‘I didn’t expect to be anywhere near competitive until next year,’ he added.

‘I’m content with where I’m at right now. I’ll be super happy if I can continue the rate of progression that I’ve had over the last 12 months.’

Cody told the publication that he is training in the pool nine times per week up to two hours a day while doing three intense weight sessions for 90 minutes each.

The pop star is training hard in an attempt to qualify for the 2024 Paris Olympics.

Meanwhile, Emma dominated the pool at the Tokyo Olympics in 2021 with a staggering seven medals including gold in the women’s 4x100m relay, the 100m freestyle, 50m freestyle and women’s 4x100m mixed relay and bronze in the 100m butterfly, women’s 4x200m relay and mixed 4x100m medley relay. 

Ripped: Earlier in the day, Cody flaunted his sensational muscular physique during his training session

Ripped: Earlier in the day, Cody flaunted his sensational muscular physique during his training session

Muscular: He looked as ripped as ever as he stripped down to pair of skimpy blue stripe Speedos

Muscular: He looked as ripped as ever as he stripped down to pair of skimpy blue stripe Speedos

ncG1vNJzZmimkZ63or%2FUqZyrnpGjwG%2BvzqZmnKeUrnq0tcypqqimXai5qrzSZqCnrJ9irm68wKKpZqeWYsCstcypsGaanKqybr%2FTq6CpnV2ovaaxw6iqZp6fp3q1vsCipaKml2Q%3D