Celine Dions younger sister opens up about her battle with Stiff Person Syndrome

Posted by Tamela Phillippe on Tuesday, May 7, 2024

Briefly, the sister of Celine Dion has provided an update on her health. The singer, according to her, “lost control over her muscles.”

The singer Celine Dion is facing a more severe case of stiff-person syndrome, a rare neurological disease. 

Claudette remarked, “What breaks my heart is that she’s always been disciplined,” in an interview with 7 Jours.

Her work has always been intense. You’re going to do it well, you’re going to do it properly, our mother would constantly assure her.

Returning to the stage is indeed the aim of both of our goals. To what extent? I’m not sure,” she continued.

When did Celine reveal her condition to her fandom?

After postponing several scheduled performances, Celine revealed her illness to her fans in December 2022.

“Recently I have been diagnosed with a very rare neurological disorder called ‘stiff person syndrome’ which affects something like one in a million people.”

She stated that the condition “affects every aspect of my daily life, sometimes causing difficulties when I walk and not allowing me to use my vocal cords to sing the way I’m used to.”

Stiff-person syndrome is a rare neurological condition that targets the central nervous system. It is claimed that noise, discomfort, and even physical contact of any type can cause the illness.

Popular singer Celine Dion is well-known for her crooning singles, which include “Because You Loved Me” and “My Heart Will Go On.” Celine’s most recent appearance was in the love comedy Love Again, in which Priyanka Chopra Jonas, a global phenomenon, played the major role. 

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Céline Dion (@celinedion)

Celine Dion’s commercial success

Dion sold almost 60 million albums between 1997 and 1998, or one record every 1.2 seconds according to estimates. In addition, Dion is acknowledged as the best-selling artist of the 1990s worldwide.

Dion set records in 2017 as the highest-earning performer at every UK venue she graced, including the O2 Arena in London, the First Direct Arena in Leeds, the Barclaycard Arena in Birmingham, and the SSE Hydro in Glasgow.

Concerts West’s president and co-CEO, John Meglen, praised her, stating, “She is the voice of our lifetime.”

The system stalled for thirty minutes in 2018 as more than 300,000 Taiwanese fans fought for the 20,000 tickets that were available for Céline’s first-ever performance in Taiwan.

The request led them to eventually add two more shows. The popular cartoon series Totally Spies! included Dion as an adversary character titled “Feline Dion” in a 2013 episode.

The seventh episode of the cartoon series Total Drama Island included Dion as well. Dion was also mentioned in the 2022 animated fantasy movie Turning Red.

In Mark Shainblum and Gabriel Morrissette’s 1995 satirical comic Angloman, she was paired with a villainous role.

French actress and filmmaker Valérie Lemercier portrayed singer “Aline Dieu” in the 2021 film Aline, which was a fictionalized version of Dion’s life.

ncG1vNJzZmiolZq9tMPIs2Wcp51ktbC4y7KuqKeUZLCmuMinnGacmaS7tHnYqKynn5WnerS10q2cq2WfpbKvv4yup2aZkqTCtXnHnqlmmpGpwa2xjLCgraBdqMGqssVmp56qo6S7br%2FYp5urp52afA%3D%3D