Motown Singer & Songwriter Died at the Age of 81

Posted by Zora Stowers on Wednesday, May 8, 2024

Lamont Dozier Death News:- Motown songwriter and producer, Lamont Dozier passed away at the age of 81. From Motown to Hollywood Dozier went on to record music for some of the biggest stars like the Supremes, and the Four Tops. We are getting information on the amazing life of this Detroit native and the community’s reaction to his passing.

It’s one of the mini Motown classics you just can’t get out of your head after the first line. With that iconic sound and those timeless lyrics, Lamont may not have been one of the many faces or voices of Motown, but his songwriting made him an unsung hero.

Motown Singer and Songwriter Lamont Dozier Dies

Sadly, the singer-songwriter passed away at 81 years old. In an Instagram post, Lamont Dozier’s son Lamont Dozier, Jr. wrote, “Rest in heavenly peace, dad”.

As a part of the Motown powerhouse writing team Holland-Dozier-Holland or HDH, Lamont Dozier co-wrote 25 Top 10 hits. Timeless classics are alive thanks to Detroit’s Motown Museum.

He started in the Motown scene as a singer, as many artists did, developed his skills in songwriting, and ended up writing some of the greatest songs in the American Songbook. He helped launch the careers of the four top Supremes and many others.

READ ALSO:- US President Joe Biden Drops Ban On Tiktok & WeChat, Scrutiny To Continue

Paul Barker is Motown’s music director of development. He told us about the last time Dozier and the Holland brothers visited the museum in 2019.

Paul Barker said:-

Lamont Dozier asked to see the studio and so I went and showed him down into the recording room, but he stopped in the control room. And I asked him why he stopped there. And he said, Well, this is the studio. And as a writer, that’s the room he spent his time and it was just an educational moment for me. And they talked about cutting tapes in writing and just being there all night long. The stories they told her and still tell her are phenomenal.”

On Saturday Motown museum will host its Founders Day, it’ll be a chance for people to come down here and see some of the old school and new school talent. They can also pay their respects to Mr. Lamont Dozier.

Photo source:- Instagram.com

ncG1vNJzZmivp6x7r7HWrKynspmle6S7zGikrquZmHytrcyopa1llKTHqrHRZpuemaSdfA%3D%3D